Indoor hanging chairs are an exciting addition to any room in your home. If you want to install a hanging chair outdoors on a deck or patio, you’ll feel the same excitement as it is a perfect complement to your regular outdoor furniture.
Pros of Hanging Chairs
These chairs have multiple advantages – and some downsides – when compared to regular furniture, whether indoors or outdoors. Fabric hanging chair-hammocks are the most popular and have the advantages of a hammock as well as a chair.
- They are aesthically pleasing and interesting;Hanging chairs are stylish additions to any room. When installed outdoors, they are an aesthetic addition to your yard.
- Relatively easy to install;Installing hanging chairs are an ideal do-it-yourself (DIY) project for the marginally-talented homeowner.
- Incredibly comfortable for adults and kids;Hanging chairs are supremely comfortable for both adults and children. Just be careful when watching TV or curled up with a book, as you might take a nap, whether voluntary or involuntary, because you’re so comfortable.
- Offers a striking addition to your décor; andAfter installing a hanging chair, your guests will be challenged not to express their admiration for the exciting addition to your home. You will find most of these guests will want to “try out” your new hanging chair. We can only hope they don’t snore if they can’t help but take a nap.
- In the right colors, they will complement any furniture type.Whether you match a hanging chair color to your regular furniture or your room walls, you will revel in the statement they make.
Cons of Hanging Chairs
- You must pick an ideal location, since hanging chairs are not as “mobile” as regular furniture.Your choice of location is vital for the long-term placement of a hanging chair for (a) secure installation, and (b) to maintain your interest over time. You must install it securely to avoid any “accidents” that cause injury to family members or guests.
- Be careful not to hang it too high off the floor or ground, making it difficult for small children or the elderly (grandparents) to get in and out of it.Whether you install your hanging chair indoors or outside, if you hang it too high, your kids and the grandparents may have a hard time getting in and out of your floating chair-hammock. While your kids will grow, the grandparents may become less, rather than more, flexible over time.
Hanging chairs are great additions to your décor (indoors) or yard (outdoors). You can make them even more comfortable by putting one or more pillows in them.
Handcrafted fabric hanging chairs, like those made by Hammock Heaven, are special, durable, and make a striking addition to any home, garden, or yard.