We have some staff that have worked in the hammock factory for 25 years. We seldom need to find new craftsmen as replacements. Since our hammocks and hanging chairs are hand-fashioned, we treasure our craftsmen and our quality control staff.
We take our mission to treat our staff as valued employees very seriously. Many of them expansively refer to good working conditions as a reason they continue to work for us. We marvel at the advantages this commitment delivers to our customers.
Why Factory Staff Turnover Is Low
We believe that our low turnover is not a function of luck, but results from our consistent treatment of our staff as “quality” craftsmen, whether they are male or female. Our hand fashioners are as dedicated to producing quality hammocks and hanging chairs as our supervisors.
In the words of Marta, our Production Manager, “. . . I check the processes to make sure that every hammock is made very well.” She has worked at our factory for over 13 years. “The majority of the people who are here have worked here for a long time.” Why?
- They like working for us.
- “The owners treat us very well.”
- Each craftsman “does his or her very best at our task.”
- We want all our customers to “be satisfied” with our quality hammocks.
- “. . . one of the things that has made us stay her so long is that we love this company. . .”
- Unlike some Asian factories, “. . . we always try to keep it (factory) really clean, so the products will be very good.”
- When working with fabrics, there will always be “fluff,” but there isn’t much here because staff always keeps it clean.
- Craftsmen take pride in carefully stitching the ends of hammocks and hanging chairs by folding the ends over and reinforcing our products for durability.
- Staff takes equal pride in handmaking the superior sturdy ropes that keep our handcrafted hammocks and our customers out of “harm’s way.”
- When you order a high-quality colorful hammock from Hammock Heaven, the craftsman who builds it for you probably has years of experience creating quality hammocks.
Our low turnover proves the theory that employers who treat their staffs respectfully, fairly, and generate pride of workmanship, creates an effective team who do their best to excel. In the 21st century, it can be challenging to find, train, and retain high quality employees.
However, treating them well is a rewarding approach, particularly when giving them the responsibility to create handmade products. Studies have proven that people work for companies where they are appreciated for their expertise, not only for the highest wages. Our staff consistently builds high-quality hammocks and hanging chairs – and is very proud of their company.
We often hear the question: Should I consider a hanging chair in lieu of or in addition to a hammock? The best answer: Yes, you should consider a hanging chair as a replacement for or, if you already enjoy a hammock, as a complement to your hammock.
Why Consider Getting a Hanging Chair
Hanging chairs are highly versatile and complement your yard and/or the interior of your home. While some people prefer fabric chairs, others, particularly if installed indoors, sometimes prefer hanging chairs with more rigid frames. Here are popular reasons to consider getting a hanging chair as well as a hammock.
- You may prefer a hanging chair to a hammock.Some people report they are equally or even more comfortable in fabric hanging chairs than in hammocks. When you want to surround yourself with your spouse and kids, a hammock chair is perfect.
- If you have kids, be aware that children absolutely love to sit, lie, and play in hanging chairs.Kids love hanging chairs. They like to sit in them, “cocoon” in them, and get in them. They find it easier to get in and out of hanging chairs than some hammocks. Since kids seldom stay relaxed for too long they typically appreciate the ease of getting in and out of hanging chairs.
- You can “float around” in fabric or rigid frame hanging chairs offering similar relaxation to hammocks.The same gentle rocking motion common to hammocks also exists with a hanging chair. Scientists have proven it’s this gentle swaying that promote excellent, healthy sleep.
- If you love to read, a hanging chair is ideal for focusing on the book you’re reading as well as relaxation.You’ll be amazed at how focused and relaxed you’ll feel in a hanging chair when you’re reading. You typically will enjoy your book or magazine even more than you normally do.
- If you already enjoy your hammock, you should equally enjoy the gentle swaying motion of a hanging chair.If you love the gentle rocking motion of your hammock, you will equally love a hanging chair, as it offers the identical rocking as your hammock does.
- A wonderful addition to a bedroom or family room, a hanging chair is a great way to maximize your comfort while watching TV movies or live sporting events.Hanging chairs are ideal for indoor or outdoor use. Along with being super comfortable, they allow you to enjoy TV and games in supreme comfort.
- An indoor hanging chair makes a bold statement to any décor.Once in fashion, then out of fashion, hanging chairs are back as high-fashion additions to your home décor. They always make a statement. Since they come in many colors and designs, you’re sure to find an ideal complement your décor.
Whether you consider a hanging chair as an alternative to a hammock or addition to your hammock, you will be pleased with the look and comfort of these chairs. When you want to read, watch TV, or take a short nap in total comfort, consider adding a hanging chair inside or outside your home.
Sleeping on hammock makes anyone feel comfortable and amazing. It feels great when you sleep as well as when you wake up. However, not each hammock will be agreeable to spend the night in, so in case you want to sleep on in it, you have to ensure to have a hammock that is planned in view of an entire night’s rest. You shouldn’t need to stress over dropping out of in the night and you would prefer not to wake up with a changeless rope tattoo from considering string or the knots. It will not be wrong at all if we say that Hammocks are great for your health as sleeping on them can give a lot of benefits.
Keep reading the post and check out some amazing health benefits of hammocks.
- Anytime when you will decide to sleep on the floor or ground due to any reasons, your each body part will shoots uneasiness signals toward your brain where they illuminate your neuromatrix and advise you that sleeping on the floor is not your cup of tea. The whole night, you have to spend in some difficulty that can directly affect your mood. Of course, comfortable bedding will mitigate this a bit, yet think about what dozing environment gives a zero-weight point environment. Sleeping on Hammock gives you no turning or tossing and it will surely give you a comfortable sleep due to the zero pressure point at the back. This will directly affect your health in of course a positive way.
- The persons, who face any kind of difficulties in sleeping at the right time or the time they want, can try hammock as they will make you fall asleep right at the moment when you lay down on it. By this amazing benefit, a person will wake up with a fresh and good mood the next morning and what is better than having a fresh morning? Waking up with such fresh and great mood will also provide health benefits.
- You will experience a deeper sleep than you are having before sleeping on a hammock, while having a deeper sleep will make your mind relax and calm. Hammock will not only affect your physical health, it will also affect your mental health in a great positive way.
- Have you ever noticed that Hospital beds? They all are intended to lay the patient down on their back, with the head marginally elevated. This gives the ideal blood circulation to the brain instead of blockage and it also supports very few obstructed breathing. Curiously enough, this is a similar position that any hammocks give. On the off chance that you have awful joints pains, an awful back pain, or any other kind of body pains then hammocks are generally suggested to you.
Now a days, a lot of people sits in front of PCs throughout the day, thereafter they wrap themselves on the sofa, and don’t move or take part in other activities or exercises like they ought to which directly causes back aches. The social worldview of sleeping over a bedding is not precisely all the better we can accomplish for our bodies. Furthermore, it can also cause spinal pains. In such situation, hammocks are ideal to use in order to get rid of such pain.
You can order hammocks between now and New Year’s, but we will ship them on 4th January.
Everyone needs a few days to chill from time to time! Our warehouse is currently closed, but our customer service and phone lines are open. Call 02081230557 in working hours, or email any time.
We hope you don’t mind, and HAPPY NEW YEAR.
I have always liked the hammock culture. The journey began 12 years ago when we didnt only just liked them but also started living on them. We started by selling a different hammock brand that already existed. As the years went by, it became clearer and clearer that it was time to start our own brand with our own philosophy behind it. Therefore, we created the hammock brand “Hamaca” which you can buy on Hammockheaven or through our resellers. The choice of name was given – in Spanish it means hammock and in Latin America hammocks have an obvious place in peoples homes.
We have learned over the years through experience especially from travel. We learned that the foreign aid system is nothing but bullshit. It solves no problem to drive around in fancy Toyota Land Cruisers, organize fine dining events and live in palaces surrounded by barbed wire. This is what much of the aid money goes to unfortunately, which we have seen in our travels. If you want to help for real – then neither taxes nor aid from large relief organizations is an alternative.
The alternative is to give people jobs! Giving them the tools and knowledge to fend for themselves – not to become dependent on state powers and grants.
So when we have been looking at the productions we have had the requirement that it should be a place where people like going to their jobs – that the factory is managed in a “fair” way. It is a necessity not only for consistency but also to ensure the quality of the products. Here you can see my interview with Marta who is supervisor of hammock factory in Colombia.
|Recycled cotton and “cadejos” along the edge – with attention to detail.|
Those who get jobs from us are also self employed. So no one owns anyone. We do what we can to make things float so most people who work with us have done it for quite some time. I guess that they enjoy it. Which is a part of our philosophy of course.
The cornerstone of the business is that we should sell high quality products that people want, which is extra colorful and with beautiful though through details. Therefore we actually spend quite a lot of time to work with the design. It is one of my favorite pieces of the business. When we were in Colombia last year I made new a new design for a hammock that was fairly easy to produce but had fine handcrafted details. There it was – the Artesano-hammock.
We also think that anyone should be able to find a hammock that suits that person, so we offer an extensive range of all kinds of hammocks to be sure to appeal to all tastes and requirements and also that you should be able to find hammock related products such as hanging chairs, stands and hammock ropes etc. Therefore, there are 100’s of products in stock, which is sent out from our Cambridgeshire warehouse for quick next day delivery which you can see on www.hammockheaven.co.uk
I hope you find that hammocks are wonderful necessities. If you like them and want to help us to continue to live a little more free and peaceful nomadic life on them, you are welcome to shop at www.hammockheaven.co.uk or tell people that we exist. Recommendations are everything for us!
I have written an article about 12 ways of using hammocks – they are so much more than just a colorful piece of cloth to hang between two trees in the summer. In countries where hammocks are traditionally used they are placed in the homes. Once you discover how comfortable and flexible they are – there is no turning back!
At last, our hammocks are on the way from Colombia. There are a lot of new colors and nice new models on the way, as well as old time favourites such as popular models like the mammoth and Playa hammock. We like to keep track of where our deliveries are. They are on this boat right now. You can find our full range of hammocks on www.hammockheaven.co.uk
We have live chat as an option on www.hammockheaven.co.uk where you can ask any question and where one us will answer your question straight away if we are online. So if you dont want to call or email us – and want the quickest possible reply choose live chat.
Our customer service staff is available during office hours, but mostly in the summer, me and Paul who are the people behind hammockheaven will also be answering any questions that we see pop up on our screen in the evenings and weekends too, which maybe is a little bit unexpected but we prefer to deal with things as soon as possible and especially during the summer when we have high order volumes.
After Brexit and with a weak pound, we thought now would be a good time to offer our customers throughout Europe a great opportunity.
If you want your hammock delivered to any of the EU countries (list below), we will ship it there with UPS for just £5. Delivery usually takes about 3 working days.
Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and the UK.
SimplyHammocks.co.uk started in 2009, and to date have been focussed on selling the Amazonas range of hammocks. To broaden and complement their current range they have added some Hamaca hammocks including the Deck Sets which are available in 4 colours coming with padded hammocks, with an XL version.
SimplyHammocks.co.uk also sell the Corda rope hammock and the matching hanging chair.