- FREE Next Day Delivery
- Free Returns (365 Days)
- Established in 2004
- Best Price Guaranteed
Hamaca are high-quality hammocks hand-made from recycled cotton. Hamaca hammocks are made in Colombia in the traditional Colombian style including cadejos which ensures perfect weight distribution and comfort. FREE UK SHIPPING!
“A hammock is the best place to spend a midsummer afternoon. When you climb into a hammock, you are linked to reality only by the narrowest of cords. Suspended in time and space, you shed any sense of weight or corporal substance. As you sway with the gentle rhythm of the breeze, you drift and dream between heaven and Earth, glimpsing the blue truth of sky beyond the wagging treetops. Then suddenly the spell is broken by a dog’s snout poking you, a rumble of thunder or a child’s cry, and you are brought back to a world you temporarily left behind. But the hammock’s solace is not forgotten. Its gentle crescent lingers.” – Robert S. Kyff in Hartford
1. Hammocks With CadejosCadejos is the Spanish word for chains. This refers to the twisted plaits at each end of the hammock. These look beautiful and they help to distribute the weight perfectly which gives better comfort and balance. This technique is common with Colombian hammocks, but not so common on hammocks made elsewhere.
2. Where is it made ?Hammocks have a long tradition in Colombia and Brazil. There are some traditional design differences between the two countries. One of these is the open loop at the end. This makes it quicker and easier to hang the hammock in different places and again distribute the weight a bit better. It is a tiny difference, maybe more aesthetic than anything else, but something to consider.
3. Which Materials Are Used ?Many of our Hamaca hammocks are made from recycled cotton. This is many times kinder to the environment than organic cotton. The recycled cotton comes from Mexico where it is spun into yarn and dyed before being shipped to Colombia to be woven. Cotton is very nice and soft. If you want the ultimate in strength and fade resistance, then choose a hammock made from polyester or Sunbrealla or a mix of cotton and polyester.
4. Good Working Conditions ?Some of the people working in the hammock factory we use in Colombia have been working there for 25 years! Staff turnover is very low due to good working conditions. You can see videos and interviews at the Colombian factory here.
5. Extra Thick And Strong MaterialWhen we chose the thickness of the fabric and the strength capacity of the strings, we made everything at the highest practical level. This means the hammock fabric is thicker and stronger and the strings will be durable for many many years. We simply noted the specifications of competitors' hammocks and upgraded them a bit.
How to get FREE Shipping...
- Have a UK delivery address and make sure you have more than £49 worth of relaxation equipment in your basket.
- That's it. Place your order and shipping will always be FREE in the UK.
- The brands Hamaca or Amazonas will arrive on the next working day. Vivere and Tropilex items will take a few days, but shipping will still be FREE!
Happy Customers Since 2004 !
I wanted to say thank you so much for your service!!! I absolutely adore my new hammock, it’s beautifully made and the recycled cotton material is so much softer than I thought it would be! At half price too it was such a bargain as the quality is fantastic. All in all I am really impressed and will recommend you to family and friends should they require a hammock! 🙂 Thanks again. Katie
I’m used to dealing with the many companies in the UK who constantly let you down and I expected problems at every turn, but it made a refreshing change to deal with a company who delivered as promised and were knowledgeable about their products. The hammock stand itself is beautiful and of excellent quality. As mentioned it was a gift from my Mother to my Father for his retirement and he was absolutely thrilled with it. I’ll be imagining him spending many lazy days in it enjoying his retirement.
If only all companies were as good as Hammock Heaven! I have to say I’m so impressed.
I spent 20 minutes researching hammock prices on the internet, but it was wasted time since yours were the best. But on top that, your service was brilliant. A very helpful conversation, and less than 24hours later my wife’s birthday present is here waiting to be wrapped up.
Thank you so much. I will certainly recommend you.
Many thanks for your speedy delivery, all hammocks look lovely. I am particularly excited about the travel one, as it is very light and compact and would come very useful next summer holidays.
If it’s of any use to you and the company, everything looks great and is in perfect order, plus the service you’ve provided has been excellent. I’m a really happy customer and will definitely be using Hammock Heaven in the future, as well as recommending you to friends and family.
Many thanks for your excellent service and such a beautiful product which arrived today, and has been briefly tested. The hammock is simply lovely, well made, it looks and feels like a very special handcrafted hammock, and is very, very comfortable. I am looking forward to the projected ‘heat wave’ over the next couple of weeks to test it properly, especially on our next camping trip – perfect. Once again, thank you for an excellent service and super product, I will be recommending you to friends.
“Your best ideas, those eureka moments that turn the world upside down, seldom come when you’re juggling emails, rushing to meet the 5 P.M. deadline or straining to make your voice heard in a high-stress meeting. They come when you’re walking the dog, soaking in the bath or swinging in a hammock.” » Carl Honore
Welcome to the Hammock Heaven channel - How Hamaca hammocks are made...