We often hear the question: Should I consider a hanging chair in lieu of or in addition to a hammock? The best answer: Yes, you should consider a hanging chair as a replacement for or, if you already enjoy a hammock, as a complement to your hammock.
Why Consider Getting a Hanging Chair
Hanging chairs are highly versatile and complement your yard and/or the interior of your home. While some people prefer fabric chairs, others, particularly if installed indoors, sometimes prefer hanging chairs with more rigid frames. Here are popular reasons to consider getting a hanging chair as well as a hammock.
- You may prefer a hanging chair to a hammock.Some people report they are equally or even more comfortable in fabric hanging chairs than in hammocks. When you want to surround yourself with your spouse and kids, a hammock chair is perfect.
- If you have kids, be aware that children absolutely love to sit, lie, and play in hanging chairs.Kids love hanging chairs. They like to sit in them, “cocoon” in them, and get in them. They find it easier to get in and out of hanging chairs than some hammocks. Since kids seldom stay relaxed for too long they typically appreciate the ease of getting in and out of hanging chairs.
- You can “float around” in fabric or rigid frame hanging chairs offering similar relaxation to hammocks.The same gentle rocking motion common to hammocks also exists with a hanging chair. Scientists have proven it’s this gentle swaying that promote excellent, healthy sleep.
- If you love to read, a hanging chair is ideal for focusing on the book you’re reading as well as relaxation.You’ll be amazed at how focused and relaxed you’ll feel in a hanging chair when you’re reading. You typically will enjoy your book or magazine even more than you normally do.
- If you already enjoy your hammock, you should equally enjoy the gentle swaying motion of a hanging chair.If you love the gentle rocking motion of your hammock, you will equally love a hanging chair, as it offers the identical rocking as your hammock does.
- A wonderful addition to a bedroom or family room, a hanging chair is a great way to maximize your comfort while watching TV movies or live sporting events.Hanging chairs are ideal for indoor or outdoor use. Along with being super comfortable, they allow you to enjoy TV and games in supreme comfort.
- An indoor hanging chair makes a bold statement to any décor.Once in fashion, then out of fashion, hanging chairs are back as high-fashion additions to your home décor. They always make a statement. Since they come in many colors and designs, you’re sure to find an ideal complement your décor.
Whether you consider a hanging chair as an alternative to a hammock or addition to your hammock, you will be pleased with the look and comfort of these chairs. When you want to read, watch TV, or take a short nap in total comfort, consider adding a hanging chair inside or outside your home.